Join the growing Southern network of dreamers at this two-day dreamwork festival & conference! This conference, coordinated with the International Association for the Study of Dreams (IASD) located in the beautiful city of Greenville, SC (one of the top 12 must-visit vacation destinations for 2017, according to a recent article in the New York Times!).
Beginning Friday morning with workshops on exploring your own dreams (see partial listing below), you will hear world-class speakers and delve into a full lineup of special events and workshops. Keynotes and symposium topics include: the science and psychology of dreaming, lucid dreaming (with Robert Waggoner!), dreaming as an ‘experience in being’, dreamwork in spiritual organizations, and dreamwork in southern US culture. This is not just a talking conference — there is a full line of experiential dreamwork and arts workshops. You will also have opportunities to meet and relax with your fellow dreamers at several dream-themed special events: a short-film festival, a visual art exhibition, a live theatrical performance, and a special drumming circle/ecstatic dance event on Friday night!
You will see in the schedule below, that we are one of the proud sponsors of this event–this will be a rare opportunity to experience the Alchemical Dreamer’s Guild’s practice of Dream Circling outside a retreat!
Here’s the current schedule:
Preliminary Lineup of Events:
Thursday, 27 April 2017 – (Optional) 5:30-9:30pm
- 5:30pm – Evening (daylight) hike at Paris Mountain State Park in Greenville
- 7:30pm – Southern Dreaming dinner in downtown Greenville
Friday, 28 April 2017 8 am – Midnight
- 8:00 – Optional Morning Dream Circles
- 9:00 – Registration Opens
- 10:30 – Welcome Opening Ceremony: Hosts Benjamin Whitehurst and Deborah Armstrong
- 11:30 – Dream Art Exhibition opens
- 1:00 to 6:00 – Four 2 1/4 hour Workshops (2 tracks): Robert Gongloff Themework; Robert Hoss Transformational Dreamwork; Jennie Wakefield Inner Dialogues: Moving a Dream; Benjamin Whitehurst Dream Circling: Authentic Relating Experiential
- 7:30 to 9:00 – Keynote Panel: Bringing Dreamwork into Spiritual Organizations – opening with Allen Proctor (Director, Haden Institute) and panelists Justina Lasley and Tallulah Lyons
- 9:00 to Midnight – Special Event: Music, Drum Circle and Ecstatic Dance
Saturday, 29 April 2017
- 8:00 to 9:30 – Late Registration and Morning Dream Groups/Guided Meditations: Jennie Wakefield, Steve Barrell, Tallulah Lyons, and Mary McGee
- 9:45 to 12:45 – Dream Arts Workshop: Alyssa Hinton (Native AmericanVisionary Artist): Drawing on the Dreamtime, a Transformative Process;
- 9:45 to 12:45 – Keynote Symposium: Robert Hoss Science & Psychology of Dreaming; Robert Waggoner Lucid Dreaming’s Potential for Healing and Personal Transformation, Deborah Armstrong Dreaming as a Fundamental Experience in Being
- 2:00 to 6:15 – Six: Workshops, Symposium, Film Festival (3 tracks)
- Dreamworking: Justina Lasley Use Your Dreams to Change Your Life!, Tallulah Lyons: Dreams: Keystone to Healing Practices
- Dream Arts Workshops: Anne Reese Expressive Dream Collage; Mark Raymond Anderson Drawing from the Well of Dreams, and more!
- Symposium: Alyssa Hinton (chair) Dreams, Prophecy & Native American Cultural Reawakening
- Dream Film Festival – Original short films by local students
- 6:30 to 7:30 – Special Closing Event: Becky Stone Theater Performance: Harriet Tubman’s Dreams (tickets available to the public)
Are you ready to register? Click here!
You can also find this event on Facebook by clicking here!